Review of Morso Owl stove
Good stove, shame about the paint fumes.
We bought this to replace an oversized Godin in our French house. The build is good and the controls are fine but as soon as the stove gets anything like hot, the paint emits sickly paint fumes - even after me burning it as hot as I could get it half a dozen times when I first got it. We have to burn tiny amounts of fuel, blackening the glass and everything else or risk nausea and headaches!We spoke to the dealer and that is meant to be normal and to do with the paint curing. I can only guess that the stove being so small cannot get hot enough to cure all the paint on it. I think I might get rid and buy an older model...
Stove expert replied: Sounds more like an installation issue rather than a problem with the stove, get this checked thoroughly as these are good stoves and reliable. Perhaps it is more to do with the flue when hot!!
- 204 You and 147 others